Monday 20 June 2011

I made bagels!

I'm doing my best not to spend money until Ryan gets back, so I spend a lot of time at home since the weather has been terrible. Today I decided to try my hand at bagel making, and it worked! I'm very proud of how they turned out. The misshapen circles give it that "je ne sais quoi" I was looking for. On top of that, they taste surprisingly good! (not as good as authentic Montreal bagels Karen, but that bar is way too high.) I also made homemade pesto today. Tomorrow Justin and Kelsey are coming for dinner, so hopefully I can pull off some more fun food. Just another reason you should come visit!

2 comments:

  1. Hey Steph,

    So glad you're keeping this blog - it is allowing me to live vicariously through you as I hunker down and try and get all my marking done before the end of the school year.

    In regards to your comment in this post about coming to visit, I wanted to ask what yours and Ryan's timeline was for living in Australia, because I would love to come and visit! The only thing is that I can't afford it right now, but if you're planning on being there next (Canadian) summer still, I will start a special savings account now and get that ball rolling - I figure after another year of teaching I should be able to have something saved up to go towards this.

    Anyway, let me know and I hope things are going well - bagels look good and pesto sounds awesome!

    Amy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those bagels look really good! Are you sure that's not on internet picture too?
    We'd sure like to be training our binoculars on some of those lovely parrots. Lucky you.

    Bill and Sue

    ReplyDelete