Tuesday 17 June 2014

3 Business Trips to Sydney

One of the best parts of working with Brett and also being an entrepreneur is all of the business travel I get to do.  I managed to find myself in Sydney 3 times, Perth once, Melbourne once, and the Gold Coast once, all for business.  In this post I'll tell you about my 3 trips to Sydney.

May 17-19, 2013 - MINDD Forum 

This was a holistic conference all about brain health, with a distinctly Paleo spin.  There was a stream for practitioners, a Paleo stream, and one for parents.  I obviously attended the Paleo stream lectures, and I also managed our booth for The Business of Wellness Coaching.  Brett was the MC so I got to tag along and meet all sorts of interesting people.  The highlight was definitely meeting Nora Gedgaudas, author of Primal Body, Primal Mind (and one of the speakers - top left in both pics).  We were at the conference pretty much the whole time, so no sightseeing on this trip!






June 21-23, 2013 - Parker Chiropractic Conference with Greenhill Family Chiropractic

Brett promised us if we met a certain practice goal he would take the whole team to Sydney for a chiropractic conference.  This time we had a little extra time for sightseeing since we were staying at a hotel right at Sydney Harbour.  We had beautiful weather, the speakers were great, and it was a ton of fun to go on a team trip.








John Gray - Author of Men are From Mars, Women are From Venus

June 13-15, 2014 - Millionaire Coach Intensive with Taki Moore


My last trip to Sydney (again without Ryan) was a personal business trip to learn more about how to make money as a coach.  I have to say, of all the trainings I've ever attended, this has been the best one.  Taki Moore is brilliant, and the people I met were awesome.  To this day I'm still in touch with Emma Franklin Bell, who I bonded with because neither one of us were making enough money yet to join Taki's high-level mastermind!

Again I had very little time to explore, but during the lunch break on the first day I walked as fast as I could so that I could get to the Sydney Harbour Bridge.  It's something I wanted to do during every trip there, so I wasn't going to leave Australia without doing it!  I didn't get all of the way across, but that's okay with me.







On the last night before my flight I had dinner at the Sydney Harbour restaurant (the same one we went to when mom and dad visited), and just enjoyed my last hours there.



On my way to the train station I passed this guy playing amazing jazz music.  I spent my last $10 on his CD with the intention of giving it to my dad as a souvenir when I got home.  However, since I'm oh-so-gullible, sure enough when I got home to listen to it the CD was blank!  Bummer!



Sydney was an incredible city with SO much to explore.  We never made it to any of the outskirts - especially the wineries and the beaches.  Next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment